Factors which should be considered when selecting a wasteland to be reclaimed for agricultural use.
- The size of the area- i.e. big enough to justify reclamation.
- Soils should be fertile to minimize the cost in improving them. (Fertilizers)
- Minimal incidence of pests and diseases/controllable.
- The climate should be suitable / favorable for the intended agricultural use.
- Availability of capital to initiate the project i.e. cost effectiveness.
- Availability of skilled manpower.
- The land should be undulating for mechanization or irrigation.
- Accessibility of the area.