The most commonly used draught animals are oxen/bulls, others are horses, donkeys, camel etc
They are used to in plough/prepare farms, transport goods etc
Advantages of energy from draught animals
- Readily available all over the world.
- Maintenance of animals is cheap – require only food and water.
- Animals are flexible i.e. can go through areas that are inaccessible by other transport
- means e.g. roads/railway.
- Some animals can be used in ASALs
Disadvantages of energy from draught animals
- Prone to diseases and fatigue.
- Work that can be done by animals is restricted to rural areas.
- Work that can be done by the animals is limited – they tire quickly