Firewood, charcoal, and sawdust are used for cooking and heating.
It can be exhausted if it’s cut at a higher rate than it is being replaced. so it requires management if it has to be sustained.
Advantages of Woodfuel
- It’s a cheap source of energy.
- Available almost throughout the world.
- No maintenance cost is needed.
- Ashes from burned firewood can be used for plastering houses and as a
The disadvantage of wood fuel
- Dirty because when burning it gives off smoke and soot.
- Pollutes environment through the gases it emits.
- Requires a big storage area.
- Its overexploitation leads to deforestation leading to problems of soil erosion,
- global warming, and shortage of water.