Management of energy is effective planning and control of energy resources.
The following are measures that can be used to Manage energy:
- Control of importation of vehicles with large engine capacity which consumes a lot of fuel.
- Encouraging many people to use public transport in order to reduce the number of vehicles on roads and thus fuel consumption.
- Educating people through mass media to create awareness on the importance of conserving energy.
- Improvement and proper planning of road network to reduce traffic jams in which a lot of fuel is wasted.
- Agroforestry, afforestation, and reafforestation programs to reduce overexploitation of natural forests.
- Banning logging, selective felling of trees, and resettling people who have settled into forests
Conservation of energy is using available energy resources in the most effective manner to ensure there isn‟t wastage.
The following are measures that can be used to conserve energy:
- Putting off electricity gadgets when they are not in use.
- Proper motor vehicle maintenance in order for them to use fuel efficiently.
- Encouraging the use of public transport which carries many people at a go e.g. buses.
- Encouraging the use of renewable sources of energy e.g. solar, wind and biogas to save on oil and wood.
- Encouraging the use of energy-saving stoves which use little charcoal and produce a lot of energy.