The following are Factors Influencing Wind Transportation and Deposition
- Wind velocity: when speed decreases strength also decreases and its ability to transport so wind starts to deposit materials.
- Wind direction- Winds blowing from different directions converge and cause the load to collide causing some of it to be deposited.
- Nature of desert surface:
- Wind transportation is more efficient on bare surfaces and hence less deposition there.
- Water surfaces such as oases and moist surfaces impede transportation through friction causing the wind to deposit materials.
- Less transportation on surfaces with vegetation it reduces wind speed and also binds sand particles together.
- Obstacles-Objects such as rock masses, landforms, and vegetation block and reduce wind speed causing deposition.
- Changes in weather conditions such as sudden showers halt transportation and cause deposition by washing down suspended materials.
- Load- Heavy load is deposited before light load when wind energy decreases. When many materials are transported by the wind they collide causing each other to be deposited.