Skip to content
Why major fishing grounds of the world are found in temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere.
- Most of the coastlines are irregular hence favoring fish breeding.
- There are large/more landmasses in the Northern Hemisphere than the south.
- Continental shelves in this region are wide and shallow that favour the growth of planktons.
- The cool climate experienced in the region favours fishing activities.
- The regions are washed by many cold oceans currents that favour the existence of planktons/ fish.
- There are many rivers that pour their water in the oceans thus providing nutrients for planktons