Cotton in Uganda It is grown in Gulu, Lira, Soroti, Tororo, Oyam, Dokolo, Amolatar, Kaberamaido, Iganga, Kasese, Apac and Kamuli. In Kenya, it is grown in the Nyanza province near Kisumu and Bungoma. In Tanzania, it is grown near Tabora, Kondoa region and in Sukuma land
Uses of cotton
- Used to make animal feeds e.g. cattle cake.
- Cotton seeds are used for extraction of oil for cooking.
- Used for manufacture of textiles and garments.
- Cotton wool is used for dressing wounds in hospitals.
- Cotton seeds are crushed and used to make soap