The following are the importance of Energy :
- For domestic use e.g. wood and charcoal for cooking and heating, etc.
- For use in industries e.g. electricity, petroleum, etc.
- Used in transportation e.g. electric cars, diesel and petrol used in motor vehicles, etc.
- Used in agriculture e.g. diesel for tractors which draw ploughs, electricity for milking machines, etc.
- Used in the water supply where diesel engines windmills and solar power is used to pump water.
- Used for medical purposes where electricity is used to run equipment for diagnosis
e.g. X-Ray and scanning machines and refrigeration to preserve specimens on medical research.