Causes of rural –rural migration in Kenya.
- Pressure on land makes people run/ look for land elsewhere and move to settle there.
- People move from one rural area to another in search of jobs in plantations.
- Insecurity in some rural areas makes people move to safer places.
- Setting up government development projects causes displacement of people who are settled elsewhere such projects attract settlements in that areas (settlement scheme).
- Natural hazards like floods force people to migrate to other safer areas.
- Pastoral communities migrate from one rural area to another in search of pasture for their livestock.
- Changes in the land tenure system/ land disputes cause people to move and settle elsewhere.