Economic activities carried out in the montane climate
- Tourism due to existence of permanent snow and glacial features that attract tourists that brings in foreign exchange.
- Lumbering especially from the mountain forest favoured by the heavy rains.
- Slopes that have fertile soil and receive heavy rains favour agriculture for food production especially on the windward side.
- Nomadic pastoralism especially on the lee ward sides of the highlands.
- Mineral exploitation due to occurrence of some mineral deposits in mountain rocks e.g. copper at Kasese.
- Stone quarrying which provides materials for road construction and building.