LOW/UNDER POPULATION refers to a situation where the number of people is less than the resources within an area.
Advantages of low or underpopulation
- It avails enough land for agriculture and settlement.
- It minimizes the problem of congestion and overcrowding.
- The dependency ratio is low and this may encourage savings and investments.
- Less possibility of slum development since people are few.
- Less government expenditure on the provision of social services.
- Social conflicts over land are not likely to come up because of a sparse population.
- It avails people with enough food hence reducing the possibility of famine.