Transport refers to the physical movement of people and commodities from one place to another.
The advantages aim of transport are:
- to encourage the spread of new ideas, that is to say, innovations and inventions encouraging both agricultural growth, industrial growth, and expansion
- to encourage surplus production through exports
- to facilitate the exploitation of natural resources for example forests, minerals, potential reach agricultural land and fishing (water resources)
- to reduce wastage especially in areas of overproduction
- to bring together people and their various needs, that is to say services and facilities
- to increase the volume of goods and services especially from areas of overproduction (surplus) to areas of scarcity