Skip to content
Solutions to transport problems in less developed countries
- Since large areas are covered by impenetrable rain forests, air transport for both domestic and international connections is being developed.
- Government policy to be linked to other countries of Africa like through the Trans African Highway.
- Containerization of the ports and harbours for effective handling of goods and reduce delays.
- Building railway lines e.g. from Maunda to Matadi to avoid expenses of transshipment.
- Development of other ports e.g. at Banana to establish a straight link between Shab and Zaire port.
- Restoration of political stability through peace talks and other means.
- Encouraging the acquisition of loans from banks to encourage the development and construction of better roads.