The following are Negative effects of volcanicity
- Volcanicity can result in loss of life and destruction of property through the burning effects of lava
- The emission of poisonous gases can cause air pollution on the environment.
- Lava flow can solidify along transport lines causing barriers.
- The rugged landscape from volcanicity makes settlement & agriculture difficult.
- Recent volcanic soils are poorly developed and are unsuitable for agriculture.
- Volcanic materials create a rain shadow effect which results in acidity on their leeward sides.