The following are Economic activities that can be carried out in savannah regions
- Crop growing i.e. Annual/seasonal crops are grown e.g. maize, millet, groundnuts beans, and cotton due to seasonal rainfall.
- The natural vegetation in the savannah consists of mainly grasslands that favour livestock rearing.
- Lumbering has also been carried out in savannah from the woodlands.
- The Savannah grasslands provide a natural habitat for many species of wild life which forms the basis for the tourism industry.
- Due to agriculture that takes place in the savannah, development of processing and manufacturing industries has been made possible. E.g. grain mills, ginneries for cotton, milk processing plants e.t.c.
- Charcoal burning and extraction of wood fuel also has been favoured in the savannah due to the existence of woodlands.
- Hunting of animals has also been favoured in the savannah due to the existence of the wild animals.
- Bee keeping can also survive in the savannah woodlands.