desert and semi-desert climate type of climate is mainly found in the sub-tropical belt. These areas include Karamoja, Turkana land, and Chalbi desert in Northern Kenya
Economic activities in desert and semi-desert climate
- Tourism due to the existence of numerous desert landforms that attract tourists e.g. sand dunes.
- Nomadic pastoralism due to existence of scanty pastures e.g. the Karamojong.
- Mining and sand quarrying e.g. gold in Karamoja although it exists in small quantities.
- Cultivation of drought resistant crops under irrigation e.g. cotton in Kasese.
- Bee keeping due to the existence of scattered trees.