Characteristics of desert and semi-desert climate
- They receive low and reliable Rainfall.
- The annual Rainfall total is below 250 mm per year.
- The region experiences hot temperatures above 30oC throughout the year.
- The days are very hot while the nights are very cold due to the absence of a cloud cover.
- These regions experience low relative humidity because of the extremely dry conditions.
- They experience hot and dry conditions throughout the year.
- Rainfall is rare but torrential which leads to seasonal floods.