The following are Advantages of large population size
- A high population provides enough labour force for the economic development of the country.
- It can be a source of a large amount of taxes that avails the country with enough revenue for development.
- It is easy and economical to provide social services in a situation where many people are concentrated in the same area.
- In the case of security, a large population can easily provide enough manpower for the army/defense of a country.
- It is a source of cheap labour since many people are willing to work at a low wage rate.
- A high population encourages the exploitation of idle resources.
- A high population also provides a large market for goods and services within a given country.
- It also encourages a high level of innovation and invention as people try to look for survival in a competitive environment.
- It encourages increased agricultural output as people try to produce enough food for their own survival.