The following are disadvantages of questionnaire as data collection tool in research:
- Pre coded questions may bias the findings towards the researcher.
- Questionnaire sent through post offer little opportunities to check truthfulness of the answer.
- Since respondent are required to read and respond to questions asked, questionnaire can not be used to illiterate and childrens.
- Since auditor will be required to send questionnaire to respondent and wait for them to reply by filling them, this makes questionnaire slow as compared to other method of collecting data such as interview.
- There is high chance that respondent will not answer and return the questionnaire sent to them.
Limitation of observation as data collection tool in research.
Understanding observation as data collection tool in research.
Seven (7) disadvantages of interview as data collection tool in research.
Eight (8) advantages of interview as data collection tool in research.