Road transport is a very popular mode of transport used by suppliers and businesses to deliver orders. Many transport companies provide scheduled delivery days and next day delivery services, depending upon your needs. Goods can be packed/grouped in containers which are also used for sea transportation.
The following are Disadvantages of road transport are:
- road Transport is subject to traffic delays. due to congestion and narrow roads the road transport is subject to delays caused by high traffic and this can lead to destruction of perishable goods such as vegetables and flowers.
- road transport is Unsuitable for Long Distance and Bulky loads. as compared to air transport the road transport is very slow for long distances and as compared to water transport the road transport carry less amount of cargo. road transport is only suitable for short distances and for limited amount of cargo.
- This mode of transport is unsuitable and costly for transporting cheap and bulky goods over long distances.
- Goods susceptible to damage through careless driving
- Seasonal Nature: Motor transport is not as reliable as rail transport. During rainy or flood season, roads become unfit and unsafe for use.
- Driving regulations can cause delays
- Lack of Organisation: The road transport is comparatively less organised. More often, it is irregular and undependable. The rates charged for transportation are also unstable and unequal.