Ground level/horizontal photograph, are as the name suggest, taken from the ground level perspective. Ground photograph is taken when a camera is held level to the ground. When ground photograph is taken the axis of the camera is placed horizontally toward the object. Ground photograph is the most common type of photography.
Disadvantages of ground level photograph
- It is difficult to determine their scale unless one who takes the picture knows the size of the object
- They are not selective, that is all objects found in the face of the camera are recorded even if they are not needed.
- Objects on the fore ground blocks visibility of the objects in the middle and back ground
- It covers small area compared to other types of photography.
- Ground photograph present mainly qualitative information.
- Other objects may be out of focus
We hope that you have found this article useful. If you have any additional point you would like to share with us on disadvantages of ground photograph, please add them to the comment below.
Six (6) advantages of oblique aerial photograph over vertical aerial photograph.
How to draw a sketch map from given photograph.
FIVE (5) ADVANTAGES OF GROUND LEVEL PHOTOGRAPHY
COMPARISON BETWEEN GROUND LEVEL PHOTOGRAPHS AND OBLIQUE PHOTOGRAPHS
QUESTION FORM FOUR (NECTA 2012)
Six advantages of vertical aerial photograph over oblique aerial photograph.
Six (6) disadvantages of ground (horizontal) photograph.
Six (6) importance of photograph in geography studies.