This type of climate is experienced in several parts of East Africa mainly adjacent to the semi-arid region e.g. the Western parts of Karamoja, the Southern Nyika plateau, parts of Western Tanzania etc.
This type of climate is characterized by the following;
- Rainfall received ranges between 760mm – 1000mm.
- Rainfall is seasonal though the dry seasons tend to be long.
- There are high temperatures experienced, average temperatures tend to be above 30°C
- The temperatures ranges are high approximately 10 -15°C.
- There is limited cloud cover.
- There is low atmospheric humidity i.e. less than 40%.