This type of climate is experienced in several parts of East Africa mainly adjacent to the semi arid region e.g. the Western parts of Karamoja, the Southern Nyika plateau, parts of Western Tanzania etc.
This type of climate is characterized by the following;
- Rainfall received ranges between 760mm – 1000mm.
- Rainfall is seasonal though the dry seasons tend to be long.
- There are high temperatures experienced, average temperatures tend to be above 30°C
- The temperatures ranges are high approximately 10 -15°C.
- There is limited cloud cover.
- There is low atmospheric humidity i.e. less than 40%.