Road transport is a very popular mode of transport used by suppliers and businesses to deliver orders. Many transport companies provide scheduled delivery days and next day delivery services, depending upon your needs. Goods can be packed/grouped in containers which are also used for sea transportation.
Advantages of road transport include:
- Cost effective
- Rapid Speed: If the goods are to be sent immediately or quickly, motor transport is more suited than the railways or water transport. Water transport is very slow. Also much time is wasted in booking the goods and taking delivery of the goods in case of railway and water transport.
- Suitable for Short Distance:It is more economic and quicker for carrying goods and people over short distances. Delays in transit of goods on account of intermediate loading and handling are avoided. Goods can be loaded direct into a road vehicle and transported straight to their place of destination.
- Ideal for transporting perishables (eg fruit and vegetables)
- Easy to monitor location of goods
- Flexible Service: Road transport has a great advantage over other modes of transport for its flexible service, its routes and timings can be adjusted and changed to individual requirements without much inconvenience.
- Easy to communicate with driver
- Ideal for sending by courier shortages to customers
- Service in Rural Areas: Road transport is most suited for carrying goods and people to and from rural areas which are not served by rail, water or air transport. Exchange of goods, between large towns and small villages is made possible only through road transport
Advantages and disadvantages of pie charts.