Tourism is a social, cultural and economic phenomenon which entails the movement of people to countries or places outside their usual environment for personal or business/professional purposes. These people are called visitors (which may be either tourists or excursionists; residents or non-residents) and tourism has to do with their activities, some of which imply tourism expenditure.
The following are ways which can be used to promote tourism in Tanzania:
- The existing accommodation, transport and communication infrastructure should be improved and when possible new ones should be laid down.
- Marketing of tourism sector both locally and internationally should be carried out. This will ensure that both domestic and international tourism are developed.
- Personnel on tourism industry should be well educated and trained to match world standard.
- New tourists attractions should be identified and developed to diversify tourist attraction offer.
- Tourism resources such as national parks and game reserves should be protected from encroachment by human being
VIDEO EXPLAINING PLATE TECTONICS