Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa also it is the highest free-standing mountain in the world; it is located in the northern part of Tanzania in the Kilimanjaro region. Its height is about 5895m from sea level.
The following is the importance or advantages of mount Kilimanjaro to Tanzania
- It is tourist attraction hence it is source of foreign earning from tourism
- It modifies the climatic condition of Kilimanjaro region making it receive high rainfall through orographic rainfall formation
- Rivers flowing from it are source of water to the people living around it.
- It is symbol of Tanzania nation since it is known to be home to highest mountain in Africa
- The forest around it are source of timber and other forestry products
- The Kilimanjaro national park around it is home to numerous species of animals and plants hence it help to preserve the biodiversity of the country