Mount Kilimanjaro is highest mountain in Africa also it is highest free standing mountain in the world; it is located in northern part of Tanzania in Kilimanjaro region. Its height is about 5895m from sea level.
The following are six importance of mount Kilimanjaro to Tanzania
- It is tourist attraction hence it is source of foreign earning from tourism
- It modifies the climatic condition of Kilimanjaro region making it receive high rainfall through orographic rainfall formation
- Rivers flowing from it are source of water to the people living around it.
- It is symbol of Tanzania nation since it is known to be home to highest mountain in Africa
- The forest around it are source of timber and other forestry products
- The Kilimanjaro national park around it is home to numerous species of animals and plants hence it help to preserve the biodiversity of the country