Vertical aerial photograph is an aerial photograph technique where the shots are taken from directly above the subject of the image. Hence, this method of aerial photograph is also often referred to as “overhead aerial photograph. map is scaled representation of part or whole of the earth’s surface on flat surface such as wood or paper.
The following are advantages of aerial vertical photograph over map:
- Vertical aerial photograph provide current pictorial view of the area that no map can equal.
- Vertical aerial photograph is readily obtained. The photograph may be in the hands of the user within few hours after it is taken, a map may take months to prepare
- Vertical aerial photograph can provide day to day comparison of selected areas, permitting evaluation to be made of of various activities taking place in the area
- Vertical aerial photo graph shows other features which may not appear in the map due to constraints of chosen scale.
- Vertical aerial photograph may be taken or made to places which are inaccessible to survey team.
- Vertical aerial photograph provide a permanent and objective record of day to day changes in the given area.
Six (6) advantages of oblique aerial photograph over vertical aerial photograph.
How to draw a sketch map from given photograph.
FIVE (5) ADVANTAGES OF GROUND LEVEL PHOTOGRAPHY
COMPARISON BETWEEN GROUND LEVEL PHOTOGRAPHS AND OBLIQUE PHOTOGRAPHS
QUESTION FORM FOUR (NECTA 2012)
Six advantages of vertical aerial photograph over oblique aerial photograph.
Six (6) disadvantages of ground (horizontal) photograph.
Six (6) importance of photograph in geography studies.