Ground level/horizontal photograph, are as the name suggest, taken from the ground level perspective. Ground photograph is taken when a camera is held level to the ground. When ground photograph is taken the axis of the camera is placed horizontally toward the object. Ground photograph is the most common type of photography.
The following are advantages of ground photography in geographical studies
- They show the ground in great details
- Ground photography is less expensive compared to types of photograph like aerial photograph also it is quick method of storing geographic information.
- It can replace a great deal of verbal description
- It can be used in field sketching
- It is used for geographical studies for example study of climate.
We hope that you have found this article useful. if you have any additional point you would like to share on advantages of ground photograph please add them to the comment below
Six (6) advantages of oblique aerial photograph over vertical aerial photograph.
How to draw a sketch map from given photograph.
FIVE (5) ADVANTAGES OF GROUND LEVEL PHOTOGRAPHY
COMPARISON BETWEEN GROUND LEVEL PHOTOGRAPHS AND OBLIQUE PHOTOGRAPHS
QUESTION FORM FOUR (NECTA 2012)
Six advantages of vertical aerial photograph over oblique aerial photograph.
Six (6) disadvantages of ground (horizontal) photograph.
Six (6) importance of photograph in geography studies.