Location of the climate.
- The climate is experienced by the areas located close to the equator between 5 degrees north and 5 degrees south of the equator.
- The climate is located in the Congo Basin, the West African coasts, in Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, and Cameroon.
- The climate is found also on Lake Victoria shores and islands though it is modified by the altitude.
- It is found also in the coastal areas and the eastern parts of Pemba and Zanzibar Islands.
Characteristics of equatorial climate.
- The high mean annual temperature of about 270C.
- Uniformly high temperatures of about 30Cwith only a small annual range.
- High relative humidity of about 80%.
- Abundant rainfall of 2000 mm on average.
- Double maxima rainfall around April and October each year.
- Rainfall is accompanied by thunder and lightning.
- Absence of distinct dry season.
Instruments and items found in every weather station.
Prominent features of Stevenson screen.
Causes and effects of sea and land breeze.
INSTRUMENT AND METHODS USED IN WEATHER FORECASTING
Five (5) general characteristics of the tropical desert climate.
Four (4) general characteristics of tropical monsoon climate.
Three (3) types of rainfall.
Ten (10) types of clouds.
Six (6) effects of climate on human activities.
Difference between the Greek system and Köppen’s system of climate classification.
Classes and procedures used to classify air masses.
The whole mechanism of cloud formation. – July 23, 2015
Nine (9) characteristics of arid areas in East Africa.
Seven (7) types of fog.
CHARACTERISTICS OF EQUATORIAL CLIMATE.