Solar energy is the heat and light produced from the Sun. The Sun is the source of all energy on the Earth.
The solar energy can be be used for different purposes such as:
- Drying clothes, meat, fish, fruits and grains.
- Used by growing plants to manufacture their own food through a process called photosynthesis.
- Generation of electricity.
- Formation of coal, gas and oil.
- Formation of clouds and rainfall through evaporation of water caused by the heat of the Sun.
- Giving power to small radios and running small telephone systems by using silicon solar battery.
- Source of Vitamin D to human bodies as the bodies absorb the Sunlight.
- For domestic purposes like cooking food, heating water etc.
How the use of Solar Energy promotes Environmental Conservation
Utilization of Solar energy in manufacturing industries reduces the production of Chlorine from industrially produced chlorofluorocarbon gases which cause depletion of ozone layer. The depletion of the ozone layer causes global warming.
It is used as an alternative source of energy thus reduces depletion of forests for charcoal and firewood