Poverty is inability to afford basic needs such as clothes food and shelter.
Poverty has the following impact on environment:
- Poverty influences environment degradation. Environment degradation is the process induced by human behavior and activities that damage the natural environment.
- Poverty considered as a great influence of environment degradation in many regions of the world, regional overgrazing has resulted in destruction of grazing lands, forest and soil
- The carrying capacity of the natural environmental has been reduced, As the people become poorer they destroy the resources faster
- Poor people tend to overuse the natural resources because they don’t have anything to eat or any means of getting money except through the natural resources so starting to depend more on natural resources
- Due to the lack of sufficient income people start to use and overuse every resource available to them when their survival is at stake.