Environmental conservation refers to the protection of the environment from being destructed through practicing various ways of environment protection such as destocking, afforestation, and planting of cover plants. In other words, environment conservation is the whole process of making sure that the environment does not deteriorate in quality and the environment which has been deteriorated in any way is restored to its former better condition. It is the responsibility of everyone to ensure that our environment is conserved since a better environment is good for all of us.
There are several ways we can use to conserve the environment such as
- De-stocking, refers to the process of reducing number of animals on the environment because when the number of animals increase on the environment, they can feed on all the plants which help to prevent soil erosion or land slides.
- Afforestation and Reforestation refer to the process of planting trees in bare land and re planting trees in the presence of other trees.
- Control industrial gases and industrial sewage system, industrial location should be far apart from the water sources.
- Practicing proper irrigation skills. When irrigation is practiced improperly especially on the land with slope the water can wear out the nutrients and cause poor production.
- Control of industrial fertilizers instead of depending on industrial fertilizer we can use manure since manure has no effect on the soil while industrial fertilizers add acid to the soil
- To control fishing activities, the bad fishing methods should be discouraged for example through charging and punishing for those who practice bad fishing methods.
- Control construction of roads and buildings to avoid construction of building on steep slopes because this can accelerate soil erosion.