CENSUS is the process of collecting , compiling and publishing demographic, economic and social data pertaining to a specific time or times to all person in the country or delineated territory.
The following are the reasons why government of Tanzania should carry out population census:
- To determine total population.
- To determine the trend of population over time.
- To plan for basic facilities to help in distribution of resources.
- To make decision on new administration areas
- To determine the literacy rate
- Census is used in projection of population growth
- Census help in obtaining detailed statistics on the size nature and distribution of labor force
If you find this post to be helpful then share it with your friend and REMEMBER to comment or ask any question about any geographic concept.