what is the census?
The following are the reasons why government of Tanzania should carry out population census:
- To determine total population. census involve counting all people who slept in the country on the day of the counting. census therefore is used to establish the number of people or total population at a particular point in time. for example total population of Tanzania for the 2010 census was 55 million people.
- To determine the trend of population over time. through periodic census one is able to determine how population has increasing or decreasing over time. for example through census tanzanian goverment have been able to determine that its population is increasing and the proportion of children and youth is also increasing
- To plan for basic facilities to help in distribution of resources.
- To make decision on new administration areas
- To determine the literacy rate
- Census is used in projection of population growth
- Census help in obtaining detailed statistics on the size nature and distribution of labor force
If you find this post to be helpful then share it with your friend and REMEMBER to comment or ask any question about any geographic concept.