a) Name three types of geographical photograph.
b) Specify the type of geographical photo graph which is :
- taken horizontally on ground
- used in map making
c) Explain five differences between the photograph which you have mentioned in (b)(ii) above and topographical map
a) Types of geographical photograph are :
- Horizontal or ground photograph
- Oblique photograph
- Vertical photograph
b) (i) Type of photography which is taken horizontally on ground is horizontal photograph
(ii) Type of photograph which is used in map making is vertical aerial photograph
c)the following are five differences between the photograph mentioned in (b)(ii) which is vertical aerial photograph and topographical map.
- Vertical aerial photograph show all features found on the site while topographical map is selective since it can show either physical or man made features.
- The scale of topographical map is constant throughout while that of vertical aerial photograph varies from foreground to back ground
- Vertical aerial photograph show feature as they are seen while topographical map show features by using symbols and signs.
- Topographical map have a key which is used to interpret symbols and signs used in it while vertical aerial photograph does not have a key
- It takes alt of time to make topographical map while vertical aerial photograph can be obtained instantly.