Mining is the extraction of minerals occurring on or below the earth’s surface. Mining has a lot of benefits to the economy of any country.
The following are the advantages of mining to the Tanzanian economy
- Mining provide employment opportunities to the people who engage in mining and its whole supply chain
- Tanzania earns foreign exchange from mineral export
- It lead to development of related industries. these are industries which get their raw materials from mined minerals for example coal mining can lead to development of energy supply industry if will be used to produce electricity.
- It leads to development of towns for example Kahama town in Tanzania have developed due to gold mining taking place in the area
- Mining can lead to development of transport and communication network in the mining ares.
If you find this post to be helpful then share it with your friend and REMEMBER to comment or ask any question about any geographic concept.