1. Agriculture Small
Large scale agriculture
ii. Sedentary livestock keeping
iii. Commercial Livestock keeping
2. WATER MANAGEMENT FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Uses of Water.
Tapping water for Hydro-Electric Power projects.
River basin Development Projects.
Tapping underground water for irrigation in deserts and semi deserts.
Exploiting other water resources.
3. EXPLOITATION OF FOREST RESOURCES
Types of forestry resources.
Forestry amenity for Climate.
Important areas for the timber industry, products, transport, and use.
Problems associated with the exploitation of Forestry resources.
- Types of mining Industry.
- Types of minerals.
- Distribution of Mining regions in the world per type of minerals.
- Method of exploitation Mining and processing of minerals.
- The effects of exploitation to the environment.
- Contribution of mining industry to the economy
5. MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
Types of manufacturing Industry.
Factors for the location of industries.
Process of Production.
Pollutants from manufacturing industries.
6. TOURISM INDUSTRY
Concept of Tourism.
Important conditions for the development of tourism.
Importance of tourism.
7. EXPLOITATION OF POWER AND ENERGY SOURCES
Major Sources of power.
8. TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATION
Main types of transport.
Major types of communication.
9. TRADE AND COMMERCE
Type of trade and commerce.
Focus on trade within economic communities.