An interviewis a conversation between two or more people where questions are asked by the interviewer to elicit facts or statements from the interviewee
The following factors need to be determined in advance of the actual interview
- Purpose and information needed should be clear.
- Which type of interview best suited for the purpose should be decided.
- A clear outline and framework should be systematically prepared.
- Planning should be done for recording responses.
Execution of the Interview :
- Rapport should be established.
- Described information should be collected with a stimulating and encouraging discussion.
- The recording device should be leased without distracting the interviewee.
Recording and Interpreting Responses :
- It is best to record through a tape recorder.
- If the response is to be noted down, it should be either noted simultaneously or immediately after it.
- Instead of recording responses, sometimes the researcher noted the evaluation directly interpreting the responses.