The following are geography review questions covering human geography concepts and can be used by students preparing for national exams and those who are looking to test their knowledge on human geography.
1. Examine eight factors, which lead to the growth of settlement in different parts of the world.
2. Describe natural and human causes of loss of biodiversity.
3. In order to achieve economic development, transport and communication are inevitable. describe the significance of transportation in developing countries.
4 a)What is the research problem
b)Name four sources of the research problem
c)Explain four characteristics of the research problem
5. Despite having large lakes and rivers in the East Africa fishing industry is not well developed. discuss
6. Write short notes on the following
a) population structure
b) population pressure
c) population explosion
d) life expectancy
g) infant mortality rate
h) child mortality rate
8 a) State the advantages of air photography over the map
b) State the difference between map and photograph
9. a) Explain the causes and effects of soil acidity
b) What are methods used to manage soil affected with salt
10. What is the role of climate and parent material on the formation and development of the soil
11. the topography of the land is a single major factor that controls soil catena. discuss
12. Describe the role of climate in soil profile development
13. Explain the view that “soil is the product of their environment”
14. Account for causes of the waterfall.
15. Explain the weather associated with tropical cyclone
16. Explain the causes of condensation
17. Account for the structural development of spring
18. What is the importance of soil PH to farmers.
19. give characteristics of ocean currents.
20. Show the advantage and disadvantages of a geological time scale.
21. Examine the characteristics of Mediterranean vegetation
22. Explain the various processes involved in soil formation
23. With specific examples, enumerate nine (9) importance of the river in Africa.
24. Discuss the environmental impacts of greenhouse effects and global warming.
25. Justify the sphericity of the planet earth with vivid evidence
26. Classify igneous rock according to the place of occurrence and chemical composition
27. write an essay on the atmospheric heat budget
28. Attempt classification of lakes according to their mode of formation
29. .Describe the main characteristics of the equatorial rain forest and deciduous forest
30. Give am account on coastal features related to the emergence and submergence of the coastline
31. The variation in the river volume is an inevitable circumstance .discuss
32. Using vivid examples explain the causes and effects of earthquakes
33. What is meant by the lapse rate? in what ways the study of lapse rate assist in understanding the weather
34. To what extent is water erosion responsible for the development of desert landforms
35. What evidence is there to indicate that the important changes of sea level have occurred during and since the ice age? suggest the possible reasons
36. With reference discuss the relationship between drainage pattern and geological features.
37. What are the chief factors that determine the character of coasts?
38. Compare the effects of glaciation upon upland and lowland areas.
39. Discuss the land forms and the factors involved in the development of the cross profile of the river.
40. Explain the condition needed in the atmosphere for condensation and precipitation to take place.
41. Discuss the main characteristics of the monsoon climate.
42. Give an explanation of the weather phenomena resulting from atmospheric instability.
43. The formation of volcanoes in terms of the development of landforms result from an igneous activity. do you agree with this statement?
44. What is meant by the term ”rejuvenation” giving a reason account of pieces of evidence that indicate a part change of sea level.
45. Briefly describe the world distribution of coral reefs. what is the problem posed by their origin?
46. To what extent is wind responsible for the formation of landforms.
47. Name and describe features associated with faulting
48. Man especially in third world countries has gradually sown the seed of his own destruction through starvation by his continued actions in aiding soil erosion. comment on this statement and suggest how the problems of soil erosion can be checked.
49. Examine the nature and distribution of major world fold mountain systems.
50. Using diagrams explain the importance of structure in the formation of spring and wells
51. Distinguish between rock weathering and erosion.
52. Give an account of landforms resulting from the intrusive igneous activity.
53. Discuss the development of surface and subsurface features in the limestone region.
54. Discuss the concept of a graded river profile and briefly discuss the obstacle to attain this stage.
55. With reference to named examples examine the features resulting from marine erosion.
56. How does air manage to rise? explain what atmospheric stability and instability mean and comment on their effect on weather conditions.
57. With reference to specific examples discuss the influence of ocean currents on the adjacent land areas.
58. Discuss the factors other than climate that influence the natural vegetation of the place.
59. Outline the principle results of soil leaching.
60. Identify and explain the factors influencing the development of agriculture
61. Account for agricultural success in North America and china
62. Identify and explain the problems facing agriculture in China
63. What lesson does Tanzania learn from agricultural success in China
64. Give reason for agricultural failure in many African countries.
65. Describe the role played by the climate in the weathering process.
66. What is river capture? Describe the features due to river capture 67. What are merits and demerits of chrolopleth maps?
68. Classify air masses
69. With examples explain the conditions that produce geysers and hot springs
70. Using the rock cycle explain the forces responsible for the transformation of one rock type to another
71. Define soil conservation and give an account of the farming system that conserve soil
72. “The theory of continental drift is irrelevant to African continent” discuss.
73. Show the role of water in the weathering process.
74. Justify the statement that “salinity in the ocean is the result of several causes”
75. By giving examples attempt the classification of rock according to their mode of formation.
76. Describe how soil porosity can be determined and explain its importance in to plant growth
77. Very acidic or very alkaline soils are harmful to plant growth. Elucidate
78. Explain the main characteristics of air masses in temperate region
79. Classify the types of delta and show the conditions that determine the formation of delta
80. Providing examples describe and explain the causes and effects of earthquakes.
81. “The present rate of population expansion in sub-Saharan Africa is unsustainable” critically analyses this statement.
82. Discuss the factors influencing the fertility regulation.
83. The participation of Tanzania in different regional economic integration is detrimental to her economy” critically assess this contention.
84. The creation of regional economic integration in Africa does not guarantee economic development. Discuss
85. Using German as an example, describe the causes and effect of acid rain and state the measure which should be taken to rectify the problem of acid rain
86. Outline the factors that have led to the successful fishing industry in Norway and Russia
87. Discuss in details the hindrance against the agricultural sector in Tanzania
88. Examine the major limiting factors facing cattle ranching in Tanzania as alternative to nomadic system of cattle management
89. What things developing countries in Africa can learn from Switzerland in developing the tourism sector
90. “The task of defining the research problem often follow sequential pattern’. Explain
91. ‘Soil are product of their environment’. Discuss
92. Show the existing relationship between population, development and environment and describe how do they influence each other
93. Desertification is manmade phenomena. Discuss
94. Examine the factors for the development of manufacturing industry in German
95. Discuss the lesson Tanzania has learnt from agricultural development in china
96. Tanzania has abundance of natural resources, however that resources are not effectively utilized for the national development. Why?
97. Population in most less developed countries is not an opportunity for sustainable development. discuss
98. While urbanization in developed countries was the sign of development, in less developed countries is the sign of poverty. Verify
99. New east African community is still at infancy stage therefore it is too early to asses its achievement. However there are impending problems which can be elaborated. Elucidate
100. Climate of the place is the function of various factors. Substantiate.
102. What are positive and negative effects of climate in human life
103. What do you understand by the term climate change? Explain the major causes of climate change
104. Distinguish weathering and erosion as the agent of land sculpture